Saturday, January 01, 2011

New NFT President: Leslie Lipman


My name is Leslie Lipman and I've been a kindergarten/first grade teacher at Lynwood for 15 years. In addition to my classroom duties, I've served on our school leadership team, safety committee, campus improvement committee, as the teachers' rep for PTA, and on the district's calendar committee and nutrition/wellness committee. I've also been the student council advisor for the past 10 years.

As a college student and communications major, I thought that I'd go into law and maybe even politics. I served as the Humanities Representative for the Associated Students and then as Chairman of the Board. I took the LSAT (scoring in the 97th percentile!) but decided that teaching was what I really wanted to do.

I'm excited about taking on this new challenge that will allow me to use my logic, experience and interest in law to represent the Novato teachers. Our salaries and benefits are my top priority and in these unprecedented times of drastic budget cuts, it's more important than ever that we all work together to insure that our voices are heard. I look forward to working for and with you!

Free Site Counter